The Program in Quantitative Social Science (QSS) at Dartmouth College is pleased to announce that it is searching for up to three postdoctoral fellows for the 2018-19 academic year. QSS is an interdisciplinary program that integrates modern statistical, computational, and mathematical tools with social science questions. Each fellow should be highly motivated, collegial, and able to work independently on a research agenda that is grounded in quantitative social science.
During the 2018-19 academic year, QSS fellows will participate in the intellectual life of the program by interacting with each other, with QSS faculty, and with undergraduate students pursuing a minor or major in QSS. Fellows will also attend seminars and workshops and are expected to present their own research on a regular basis. There are many postdoctoral fellows at Dartmouth College, and QSS fellows will be part of a large community on campus.
The annual stipend for each QSS fellow is $50,000. The fellowship can be extended through the 2019-20 academic year with the approval of the QSS Chair. Each fellow will receive a one-time $5,000 account for equipment, travel, and research materials. There may also be an opportunity to teach a one-quarter course with an extra stipend with the approval of the QSS chair.
1. Ph.D. in any discipline or expected Ph.D. by September, 2018
2. Substantive interest in any social science field
3. Research interests that strongly intersect statistical, computational, or mathematical methods
4. A proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
5. A demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary research
1) Curriculum vitae that includes all publications
2) Statement of research interests (two pages or fewer) that includes a short description of the research the applicant would like to pursue while in residence at Dartmouth
3) Names of Dartmouth faculty of interest to the applicant
4) Three letters of reference
5) A paper written in English, either published or unpublished
Applications will be reviewed starting on October 1, 2017. Interested individuals can apply at the following URL: apply.interfolio.com/42907.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.