The Program in Quantitative Social Science (QSS) at Dartmouth College is pleased to announce that it is searching for up to three postdoctoral fellows for the 2017-18 academic year. QSS is an interdisciplinary program that integrates modern statistical, computational, and mathematical tools with social science questions. Each successful fellow should be highly motivated, collegial, and able to work independently, and the fellow’s research agenda should be grounded methodologically in statistics or other computational techniques.
During the 2017-18 academic year, fellows will participate in the intellectual life of QSS by working with QSS faculty and honors students on ongoing research, attending seminars and workshops, and presenting research results. The stipend for each QSS fellow is $50,000 with a $5,000 account available for equipment, travel, and research materials. Subject to consultation with the QSS Chair, each fellow may teach a one-quarter course on a subject of his or her choosing; there is an extra stipend for teaching. The postdoctoral fellowship can be extended through the 2018-19 academic year, subject to negotiation between the fellow and the QSS Chair.
1. Ph.D. in any discipline or expected Ph.D. by September, 2017.
2. Substantive interest in any social science field.
3. Research interests that strongly intersect statistical or computation methods.
4. A proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
5. A demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary research.
1) Curriculum vitae that includes all publications.
2) Statement of research interests, no longer than two pages, that includes a short description of the research the applicant would like to pursue while in residence at Dartmouth.
3) Names of Dartmouth faculty of interest to the applicant.
4) Three letters of reference.
5) A paper written in English, either published or unpublished.
Applications will be reviewed starting on October 1, 2016, and interested individuals can apply at the following URL: apply.interfolio.com/36369
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.